Every year, thousands of candidates appear for TANCET for admission into a good number of colleges for these courses in Tamil Nadu. TANCET is usually conducted by Anna University on behalf of the Tamil Nadu Government. Though there has been some confusion this year regarding the same, it has been clarified that Anna University will be conducting the exam.
TANCET 2019: Here is a broad strategy for 15 days of preparation before the entrance test
- Do not be under the impression that time is not enough for preparation
- Start with the maths part of the exam
- One can equip oneself with the basics of all the quant topics of school level viz. ratios, percentages, profit and loss, simple interest and compound interest, numbers, time and work, time and distance, geometry and mensuration, etc.
- After that, focus on topics like progressions, logarithms, statistics, etc. to get an overall grip on Quantitative Aptitude by going through school level books
- Also revise these at regular intervals to get a good command over the different concepts. While preparing for maths, on the other hand focus on reading articles from newspapers, editorials, reviews, so that this becomes useful for preparation of reading comprehension as well as analysis of business situations.
- While focusing on reading comprehension, see that you read the passage critically, trying to understand what message the author wants to give the reader. It is advisable to go against the flow rather than going with the flow of the passage.
- Use a similar strategy for the other areas too. If you are comfortable with one of the areas, spend less time on that and more time on the others. Make sure that you work on 3-4 test areas daily. With this approach, you should be able to cover all the test areas comfortably within a cycle of 4-5 weeks.
- Now make sure that you appear for topic-wise tests as well as sectional tests
- A solid preparation of at least 6-8 hours during the last 20 days by looking at the previous papers, taking mock tests on a regular basis and analysing your performance in the right direction guarantees admission in a good college.
Quick last minute preparation tips:
Just a day before the exam, relax and see that nothing new enters your mind as it may sometimes lead to undesired anxiety and stress. Revise the formulas in mathematics a couple of days before the exam date to make sure that they are handy during the exam. Have a good night’s sleep and be ready for the test with a fresh mind.
For any entrance test, concept building, speed and accuracy are key for success. Overall, a systematic preparation coupled with following the right strategy will help you realize your dreams.
All the best!